This is also going to be in point form sort of because I have a million things floating around my head and need to get it written down and possibly hear some opinions on it !
- “Youth Centre” ->although I’m not sure that youth centre is the proper terms to describe what I’m thinking
- a place where people ( mostly young adults/teens) can sort of have a creative outlet to kind of use as therapy
- so like you could come to this place and
- or draw,
- or in my big ideal world record music because I’d love to have some sort of recording equipment available
- or talk to other people who have similar interests to you which could be any topic from tattoos to stuffed animals for all I care
- meet new people
- another big time ideal would be to have some sort of area to particpate in sports in like the backyard ( so like a skateboard area and a basketball court etc)
- you could work in a room on your own and have space and write or whatever (assuming that you don’t have that sort of space available to you at home)
You see what I’m getting at here, pretty much as long as it’s not illegal you have a space to do it in
- and there would be resources available to you like
- counselling if neccessary
- or paperwork for scholarships
- or if you’re a teen who has had to leave home for some reason there would be resources that could help you with that
- resources to help with grief, etc
- and it would be a place where you wouldn’t be judged (hopefully), not by eachother and not by the adults that run it (ie myself)
- everyone is welcome to be themselves, whoever they may be
- and it would be a very positive environment
- and perhaps there would be group activities available but you wouldn’t have to participate like
- i’d love to be able to put together a postsecret book because I feel that a lot of time youth really don’t realize that they all have hard times and go through terrible things, and it would be nice to be able to show them that without pointing out who’s secret is who’s
- and like group hikes or whatever…mostly because I can never find people to go on hikes with and I’m sure I’m not the only one
- group activities like that and obviously a shit ton of other sorts of things
I just feel like something like this would’ve been really beneficial to me when I was younger and probably even now because I was never someone who would go looking for help if I needed it but having an outlet to deal with it on my own would’ve been wonderful.
There’s probably a million more ideas circulating in my head about this that I don’t quite now how to write down yet, perhaps I’ll add them later.
Does anyone have something like this where they live? What do you guys think of this sort of idea? Is it too idealistic and utopian? Would it end up being lame ?